Recovery is not a man's world, and yet to a woman it can often seem that way. Geared specifically to women, the A Woman’s Way Through the Twelve Steps app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch offers the healing text of Stephanie Covington’s best-selling book, along with a variety of bonus features, including a month of personal step-based text and audio messages directly from Stephanie, a video of Stephanie telling her story, and samples of other titles.
Dr. Covington brings a feminine perspective to the Twelve Step program, searching out the healing messages beneath the male-oriented words. Offering an open exploration and a flexible interpretation of the Twelve Steps, this new perspective takes into account the psychological development of women as it relates to addiction and recovery, as well as the social and cultural factors that affect women in particular.
Acknowledging that recovery raises special issues for women--from questions about sexuality, relationships, and everyday life to anxieties about speaking up at mixed-gender meetings--A Woman's Way through the Twelve Steps focuses directly on the feminine experience of addiction and healing. Stephanie explores the Twelve Steps one by one, reiterating each in its traditional language, then explaining and illustrating it in a way that highlights a woman's experience--empowering the reader to take ownership of her own recovery process as well as her growth as a woman.
- BOOKMARK your favorite quotes
- CUSTOMIZE the size of the font and color background, for reading ease
- SHARE the wisdom of the book with friends through an automated synch to your e-mail
- RECEIVE text and audio messages from Stephanie guiding you through each step
- VIEW a video of Stephanie telling her story of recovery and helping others
- SEARCH for relevant keywords
- REFERENCE The Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous
- FIND recovery books and resources through direct links to Hazelden’s online bookstore
- SAMPLE other Stephanie Covington books and other offerings from Hazelden